Version 0.3, December 2020
We are incorporated and registered in Mauritius and our registered address is at 1st Floor, Anglo-Mauritius House, Intendance Street, Port-Louis, Mauritius and our company registration number is 117490 C2/GBL. For notices under this section and this document, please send an email to [email protected]
We are responsible for ensuring that your personal data is used in compliance with data protection law. Personal data is information which, on its own or in combination with other information, can be used to identify you.
You consent to the processing of your personal data
If you withdraw your consent, for any reason, we will only continue use and process your personal data to the extent (and in the manner) permitted by applicable laws.
Personal data that we collect about you
We will collect and process the following personal data about you:
- Information that you provide to us. This includes information about you that you give us when registering and using the Chenosis web site, including (but not limited to):
- your name;
- your Mobile Station International Subscriber Directory Number (i.e. your mobile number) (your “MSISDN“), which we may obtain from you or which may be provided to us by your mobile network service provider;
- your email address;
- your status on the Chenosis web site;
- your alias on the Chenosis web site;
- your date of birth;
- your profile picture and any other information that you include in your profile; and
- any information when you contact us for customer support or any other queries.
- Information we collect or generate about you. This includes:
- location information when you subscribe to API products on the Chenosis web site or which we may determine on the basis of your MSISDN or internet protocol address or via similar technology;
- information about your usage and activity on the Chenosis web site, including (but not limited to) your status, the frequency at which you use the Chenosis web site, the types of API products you search for, content you send or submit via the Chenosis web site, membership of any groups and group profile picture(s). We obtain this information from service logs and other monitoring systems;
- device and connection information when you use the Chenosis web site, including a unique application number and information concerning your device’s operating system, hardware model and settings; and
- information about your behaviour when using the Chenosis web site.
- Information we receive from others. This includes:
- information about you from API publishers on the Chenosis web site if it is necessary to enable you to subscribe or use API products published on the Chenosis web site; and
- information from third party providers who help us operate and provide the Chenosis web site. This also includes information from API publishers who may supply reports in order to help us diagnose and fix service issues, as well as information provided to us by your mobile network, internet service or application hosting service provider.
Uses of your personal data
Your personal data may be stored and processed by us in the following ways and for the following purposes:
- service functionality and providing access to and operating the Chenosis web site;
- to create your account to use the Chenosis web site and allow your continued use of services offered through the Chenosis web site;
- to allow API publishers whose API products you are subscribed to to provide service functionality and provide access to the subscribed API product or service;
- to establish and verify your identity on the Chenosis web site;
- optimising user experience and improving the Chenosis web site;
- analysing user behaviour, usage and trends, as well as performing market research;
- to advertise relevant goods and services to you, including on a targeted basis and to create a marketing profile for future advertisements directed to you
- operate, administer, maintain, secure and develop the Chenosis web site and the performance and functionality of the Chenosis web site;
- to provide to third parties in order to optimise our service to you and to better market information to you;
- reporting to the appropriate legal and regulatory authorities;
- managing our relationship with you, including communicating with you and keeping a record of our communications with you and your communications with us;
- diagnose and deal with technical issues and customer support queries and other user queries;
- for other purpose relevant to our business activities, provided that are lawful.
Storing your information
In order to operate the Chenosis web site, we may store your personal data in data centres which may be outside your country of residence and where the infrastructure may be owned or operated by our service providers or affiliated companies. If the location that personal data is transferred to or stored does not have substantially similar laws which provide for the protection of personal data, we will take reasonably practicable steps to ensure that your personal data is adequately protected in that jurisdiction.
We take reasonable technical and organisational measures to secure the integrity of retained information, using accepted technological standards to prevent unauthorised access to or disclosure of your personal data, and protect your personal data from misuse, loss, alteration or destruction.
Disclosure of your information to third parties
We may share your personal data:
- with our affiliates;
- with third parties for the purposes of optimising our services to you and for increasing the relevance of any advertising that is displayed to you. In this context, we may share your usage information and billing details with third parties;
- with our professional advisors and banks for the purpose of providing services to us,
- where we are required to disclose your identity for regulatory and legal purposes;
- if we sell any of our business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective buyer for due diligence purposes;
- if we are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about you will be disclosed to the third party buyer;
- with third party agents or contractors for the purposes of providing services to us;
- to the extent required by law, for example if we are under a duty to disclose your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, establish, exercise or defend our legal rights; and
- to governmental agencies, exchanges and other regulatory or self-regulatory bodies if we are required to do so by law or if we reasonably believe that such action is necessary to:
- comply with the law or with any legal process;
- protect and defend the rights, property or safety of us, or our customers, employees, contractors, suppliers, service providers, agents or any third party;
- protect the rights, property or safety of members of the public (if you provide false or deceptive information about yourself or misrepresent yourself as being someone else, we may proactively disclose such information to the appropriate regulatory bodies and/or commercial entities).
Retaining your personal data
We may keep and process some or all of your personal data (even if you delete your Chenosis web site profile) if and for as long as:
- we are required or permitted by law or a contract with you to keep it;
- we reasonably need it for lawful purposes related to our functions and activities;
- we reasonably need it for evidentiary purposes; or
- you agree to us keeping it for a specified further period.
Keeping your personal data updated and correct
Where required by law, we take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal data is accurate, complete, not misleading, and up to date. You must let us know if any information we have about you is incorrect, incomplete, misleading or out of date, by notifying us at the contact details set out below or by updating your user account or profile information on the Chenosis web site.
Your rights under the laws of your territory
Depending on the territory in which you access the Chenosis web site, you may have certain rights under applicable data protection legislation in your territory. These rights may include:
- the right to access your personal data or copies of your personal data (in a structured or commonly used format);
- the right to rectify errors in your personal data (which will be done free of charge, unless the request is manifestly unreasonable or excessive);
- the right to request that your data is deleted, erased or forgotten by us;
- the right to the object to our processing of your personal data;
- the right to restrict the processing of your personal data;
- the right to personal data portability, requiring us to transmit your personal data to a third party where this is technically feasible;
- the right to withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal data, at any time;
- the right to object to the processing of your personal data for marketing; and
- the right to make a complaint the data protection authority in your jurisdiction.
Please note that these rights may differ or be subject to certain qualifications under the applicable laws of your jurisdiction.
If you would like further information on the collection or use of your personal data, please address your questions and comments to [email protected]
If we need to contact you, for any reason, we may do so via the mobile number and/or email address (or any other contact details) that you provide to us when registering to the use the Chenosis web site.